Beginning my to do list
July 7, 2012 § 2 Comments
I can feel my mind growing more and more active as I conjure up new things to stress about. I have this innate defense mechanism with which I attempt to predict all incoming challenges and thereby take the necessary steps to prevent them from ever actually happening. Life is challenging. Period. And here I am trying to cheat it. I need to focus on weeding out the things that I can’t change or control now. For example, I shouldn’t be stressing about my first semester exams or where I am going to do my first internship. Part of the fun is allowing yourself the opportunity of being challenged.
So, what can I focus on now? Well, here is a little list of things that I believe are appropriate enough to
stress about, no, plan for 😉
- Health Insurance
- Register our move to Hungary with the Norwegian government
- Research the least expensive method of moving
- Look at apartments
- Order books for the first semester
- Write a list of words I use often that I might need to know in Hungarian (time, food, prices etc)
- Learn about Hungarian history and culture
- Browse a map of the city, familiarize myself with the districts
- Google tips for visiting/living in Hungary
Time to get started!