April 1, 2013 § 2 Comments
Break is ending and school awaits us. Today is our last day of normalcy before diving into the impending hurricane of exams. I got so little of my planned studying done that I am fighting off a surge of panic. I still haven’t accepted that feeling on top of it in med school is never going to happen. In my defense, my school to-do list was quite the ambitious one and I was probably setting myself up for failure the moment I made it. So, I am going to try a new tactic! I am going to accept the past and not dwell on all of the things that could have been. Instead, I will focus on the positive and make some small notes about how to handle the future.
Some of the positive:
- got to spend quality time with Skjalg’s family. Was really nice to see them and enjoy their company.
- ate at some really good restaurants – which we only get to do when we have guests
- went to the VIP movie theater
- attended both histology consultations
- learned how invaluable Dropbox is (so thankful that my destroyed computer didn’t take all my school files with it!)
- got to sleep more than 6 hours a night (!!)
- went to the gym
- boyfriend time (sipped wine and watched all the Bourne movies)
- completed my First Aid class (one class down – 10 to go!)
- detailed the apartment
It’s amazing how simply acknowledging the good and positive can decrease the weight of the negative.
I’ve got to get back to my physics lab, but may be back again for a post about Easter in Hungary (if Skjalg doesn’t mind letting my use his computer again 😉 ).
Cinema city for the VIP movie. Sitting in a normal theater will never be the same again!
New York Café for lunch. The service that day was unfortunately horrible, so I’m bummed that our guests didn’t get the full experience there.
Smiling Bar Budapest for teeth whitening!