When the hours feel like minutes
December 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
Snow storms rage in Northern Europe, but it has yet to reach the center of Budapest. I suspect there has been snowfall in the city outskirts, since several of the cars that pass below are covered by patches of snow. I’m excited to watch the snow fall from our living room windows. Now that the trees are almost completely bare, we have a view over the entire park. I can just imagine how beautiful it will be with a fresh blanket of snow.
These last days before school are flying by faster than we can comprehend. The end of this past week marked the completion of 31 exams so far this semester. This next week is all uphill:
– Dissection presentation in anatomy
– Final exam in Basics of Medical Chemistry (the elective Skjalg and I are taking…which is really for first year students…)
– Hungarian written midterm (we had our oral midterm last week)
– Skjalg’s (31st!!) birthday! Poor guy Right in the middle of hell week, so we will celebrate it on Friday night
– Physiology seminar exam – covering the first lectures on kidney physiology
– Physiology lab exam – on all the labs from this semester, accounts for 25% of our bonus points
– Biochemistry lab exam – covering the labs from this semester
The lab exams are really the worst of it. It’s tough to go through a semester worth of labs. We’ve done them before at one point, but hardly remember anything. At this point, I’m just crossing my fingers that everything will go smoothly.
This weekend feels almost as though it never happened. I feel like I sat down to study on Friday night and all of a sudden it’s time to go to bed on Sunday night. I’m dreading this week. Let’s hope it goes by as quickly as this weekend did…